The song talks about a relationship where no matter what Billie does, the other person always leaves her in the end. She hides her emotions by lying, saying that she enjoys being alone, when in reality she is incredibly sad.
|Released||October 25th, 2018|
|Filmed||September 26th, 2018|
- The song was first revealed when Billie performed it live on the Where's My Mind Tour.
- A vertical video for the song was released exclusively via Spotify.
- The official music video was later released on October 25th, 2018.
- The concept for the music video was inspired by art that a fan sent to Billie.
- Soto Gang drew the cover art.
- The song is Billie's highest charting song on the American Billboard Hot 100, peaking at #34. It has surpassed lovely, which peaked at #78, and you should see me in a crown, which only went as high as #93.
- The song peaked at #14 on the Canadian Billboard Hot 100.
- It is also her first UK Top 40 hit.
- ↑ https://earmilk.com/2018/10/26/billie-eilish-makes-fan-art-reality-in-when-the-partys-over-video/
- ↑ https://www.instagram.com/p/BpA43hUHrlr/
- ↑ https://headlineplanet.com/home/2018/10/29/partys-becomes-billie-eilishs-highest-charting-song-hot-100/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/officialcharts/status/1058456242924994561